OR WAIT 15 SECS
Archer Daniels Midland Company has opened a new, state-of-the-art flour mill in Mendota, IL, the largest flour mill ever built from the ground up in North America.
Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM; Chicago, IL) has opened a new, state-of-the-art flour mill in Mendota, IL, the largest flour mill ever built from the ground up in North America. The 30,000 hundredweights (cwts) mill can mill spring, winter, and soft wheat varieties and two types of whole wheat.
“Our growth investment to design and build a cutting-edge production facility from the ground up highlights our commitment to growth for our customers, our shareholders and the state of Illinois,” said Kevin Like, president of ADM Milling, in a press release. “This high-tech mill offers unparalleled advantages, including the most up-to-date monitoring and quality-control equipment; swift and efficient packing and transportation options; and the ability to mill a wide array of wheat varieties to ensure we are meeting the needs of all of our customers across the Midwest.”
Highlighting efficiency and flexibility, the mill features:
• A loop track with 110-car shuttle rail unloading capacity.
• Three milling units with centralized monitoring to ensure performance, consistency and security of supply.
• Three bulk truck load-outs and rail load-out capability.
• A high-speed packer and 30,000-square-foot warehouse.
• A brand new lab with the most up-to-date quality-control equipment.
• An onsite transportation company, including a truck wash and an advanced truck facility utilizing RFID technology to ensure efficiency and accuracy.