DSM Strengthens Presence in Chinese Enzyme Market


A joint venture has positioned DSM in a fast-growing Chinese food enzyme market.

Royal DSM N.V. (Heerlen, Netherlands) has entered into a joint venture with a Chinese biotech company to provide food enzyme solutions for China.

DSM’s partner in the project is Yixing Qiancheng Bio-Engineering Company Ltd. (Yixing, China), a specialist in food additives since 1993.

According to DSM, China’s food enzymes market is growing at rates far above the global average.

“This joint venture provides DSM with a strong enzyme operating platform in Chinese and Asian markets,” said Lars Asferg, director of enzyme solutions at DSM Food Specialties. “Food is a local business and you need to be present in your customers markets to create innovative solutions to meet the specific local preferences of our customers. The Yixing enzyme plant will expand the DSM global manufacturing networks on the Asian continent.”

Asferg added that the Yixing plant will be upgraded to meet quality and traceability standards as outlined by DSM’s Quality for Life commitment.

DSM is assuming 85% of shares in the joint venture. Yixing will absorb the remaining 15%.

Related Videos
Nils Hoem and Nutritional Outlook editor Sebastian Krawiec
Related Content
© 2024 MJH Life Sciences

All rights reserved.