© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and Nutritional Outlook. All rights reserved.
Kaneka Americas Holdings Inc. has achieved Health Canada Class III approval for Floradapt Cardio under the Natural Health Products Directorate
Kaneka Americas Holdings Inc. (Newark, CA) has achieved Health Canada Class III approval for Floradapt Cardio under the Natural Health Products Directorate. The product is identified by the Natural Product Number (NPN) 80096187.
“With this approval from Health Canada, we are providing dietary supplement companies an innovative way to engage the cardiovascular market,” said Mike Kolifrath, vice president, sales and marketing for Kaneka’s probiotics division, in a press release.
The NPN allows Floradapt Cardio to carry the following claims in Canada:
• Helps to reduce levels of total cholesterol in men and women with hypercholesterolemia.
• Helps support healthy cholesterol level in hypercholesterolemic patients
• Supports cardiovascular health by contributing to healthy serum cholesterol in hypercholesterolemic patients
• Helps support intestinal / gastrointestinal health
• Could promote a favorable gut flora
• Source of probiotics
The NPN for Floradapt Cardio is one of a number of regulatory milestones for Kaneka’s line of probiotics. Prior to this, Kaneka announced self-affirmed GRAS status for its Baby Colic and Intensive G.I. probiotic formulations.