Interesting Takeaways from the Studies We Assessed
- None of the studies we analyzed were conducted on children below the age of 18 years.
- Most of the studies were conducted on both men and women. There was one study that focused only on women. The study aimed to understand the effect of different forms of CBD and their doses in 1350 women. The study was sponsored by Rae Wellness and was one of the largest-sample-size studies done with CBD.
- Both core CBD companies and diverse-portfolio companies have jumped into clinical studies on one CBD form or another. Companies like Prima (study on anxiety), Caliper Foods (study on metabolism), YEAHHH! Baby LLC (study on joint pain), Futureceuticals and Folium Biosciences (study on cognitive support), Gaia Herbs (study on Tmax, absorption), Beam (study on sleep), and others have diverse health areas and diverse objectives to substantiate.
- Two of the most interesting studies done explored the effect of CBD extract (combined with other ingredients like algae) in the prevention or reduction of COVID-19 symptoms, including hospitalization, and those experiencing symptoms of Post-Acute COVID Syndrome (PACS). This also could have implications for other post-disorders or diseases symptoms improvement and subsequent quality of life improvement.
- Daily beverage intervention was a notable delivery method used in CBD testing by Ocean Spray in conjuction with universities to understand changes in health and fitness, fatigue, stress, calmness, quality of life, cognitive function, ability to maintain focus, sleep quantity, and sleep quality.
- CBD studies are more likely to have unique clinical trial designs with unique endpoints and use a higher percent of tools and questionnaires. The focus on biomarkers has shifted with the inclusion of trending protocols.