- Although Delta variant cases continue to climb, the overwhelming majority of U.S.-based businesses have reopened their doors to both employees and customers.
- In particular, indicators are that people are feeling comfortable enough to return to the gym. As a result, these consumers are going to be looking for high-quality pre-, intra-, and post-workout powders.
- We should expect to see an increase in demand for amino acids and hydration supplements.
- Consumers are also looking to shed the “pandemic pounds” they may have packed on over the last year; therefore, brand owners should be thinking about creating weight-management supplements.
- Use alternative sources of protein (e.g., plant-based protein) and formulate products that don’t contain high levels of caffeine and artificial stimulants.
- Offer a whey-protein product and a plant-protein product as part of your sports nutrition lineup.
- Offer different flavors so that your customers have options and can alternate products.
- Work with a contract manufacturer that has a strong track record of flavoring plan-protein products. Make sure that the contract manufacturer has a certified food scientist on board who has extensive experience flavoring dietary supplement products.